Thursday 4 June 2015

Assembled songs

When I think back to my school assemblies, I think of long periods of time, sat in uncomfortable chairs, singing hymns with never ending verses and being lectured to.

Not so at my sons school. I'm loving hanging around for the assemblies held in the playground. They are as long or as short as they need too be and not protracted for the sake of it. Predominantly conducted by the kids, which not only helps give those kids experience of public speaking but they are really characterful. My highlight is the song of the day. Yesterday we had 'Uptown Funk', billed as a winter warmer to get everyone moving. Today it was 'Doe a deer'. 

Such an upbeat way to start the day for all of us and it must have a positive effect on the kids as they set off for their classrooms, ready and switched on for a new day of learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment