Sunday 20 September 2015

Rubbish table refurb

A bargain garden furniture restoration. I rescued this table from the street on rubbish collection day. Using the leftover paint from the garden chairs it hasn't cost me anything to restore other than my time.

I started with sanding it down but stopped because in some parts it was only the rust holding it altogether and had many holes.

I would've preferred to separate the top from the legs but the nuts and bolts were too rusted to move. It did make it a bit messy when I was painting. 

I was inspired by the tiles around the pool area so introduced little squares as decoration. Using masking tape to try and get straight lines. Some worked, some didn't - the paint seeped through, but overall does add a good splash of colour

The glass top was a mess, as was my trying to paint the top of the legs, so I decided to paint the underneath of the table. 


Equipment used:
Wire brush; sander; soap and water; outdoor paint; paintbrush; masking tape

No comments:

Post a Comment