Sunday 1 November 2015

Spiderman & Spidey-lady necklace


The chosen theme for my Miss K's 4th birthday was 'Spiderman'. Fairly easy for me as Mr D's 7th birthday was 'Superheroes'.

For her friends party bags I made Spiderman face necklaces using Salt dough. Cheap and easy, just time consuming.

You need:
- 1 cup of salt
- 2 cups of flower
- 3/4 cup of water
- food colouring and/or paint
- straw for making holes if necessary
- an idea of what design you want to do

1. Mix 1 cup of salt & 2 cups of flour together

2. Slowly add 3/4 cup of water  to form a dough

3. Kneed as you would bread dough 

4. At this stage I added red food dye instead of having to paint all the faces red (do put more dye in then you think you need as the colour will be lighter when it is dry). 

5. Shape into whatever you want 
- as I wanted to turn these into necklaces I used a straw to made a hole.
- I made indentations for the eyes

6. There are 3 options to harden them: put in microwave for 90seconds at a time until done; put in low heat oven for a couple of hours; leave to air dry overnight. 

7. You can then paint or decorate them.

8.If making necklesses like these, or tree decorations add ribbon or wool.

For Spiderman, or Spidey-lady, I made eye hole indentations before putting them in the oven. Once dried I outlined the eye hole with a thick marker adding eye lashes, then the vertical web lines, then with a thinner pen drew the horizontal web lines. 


No comments:

Post a Comment